Do You Struggle?

 From a letter from Angelo to Jody, in response to the question: "Do you Struggle?"


People ask me how they can pray for me, and what am I struggling with in life. I request that they please pray for God to deliver me and free me from my incarceration. As far as what I'm struggling with, I tell them I've spent 16 years reading the Word and learning how not to struggle. God's love and power of His Word is enough to get me through every storm. He is all my answers, I no longer have to struggle to find any others.

In scripture, we see God fighting the battles for His people. God provided the way for the Israelites out of Egypt. He parted the Red Sea. He confused armies and gave His people victory after victory in claiming the territory He promised them. Sure, God asked them to participate, God gave them things to do to show their faithfulness to Him, but God put them in situations where a victory would be impossible for man so that they would have to give God the glory.

How much does this still happen? Scripture states that God does not allow us to be tempted more than we can bear and He provides a way out (1 Corinthians 10:13). Wait... Let's look at that: "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." It doesn't say that we need to find our own way out. It doesn't say that we need to work to create our own escape. It says God is faithful and He will provide a way for us. We can stand assured in His Word and promises!

He will calm the raging storms of our lives. He will provide our way out of any situation, regardless how hopeless we think it looks. He is faithful! "To the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen". Romans 16:27

Comments

Popular Posts